“Mezzo Asude Karayavuz as Rosina was elegant and perky, a perfectionist in the vocal aspect and very resolute on stage, she showed herself at her best with an ample vocal range and a very settled and flexible voice from bottom to top.” Opera Actual
Asude Karavayuz was born in Istanbul in 1982. She studied flute and piano before beginning her vocal studies with Payam Koryak at the University of Mimar Sinana in Istanbul.
She made her debut at the Istanbul State Theatre in 2004, singing the role of Marcellina in Le Nozze di Figaro. That same year she won the Second Prize in the Siemens Opera Competition which led to be invited to the Salzburg Mozarteum International Summer Academy and take lessons with Elio Battaglia, Edith Mathis and Kurt Widmer.
In 2006 she was a finalist in the “Leyla Gencer Competition” in Istanbul and soon afterwards sand the role of Anne Reich in Die lustigen Weiber von Windsor.
From 2007 to 2009 she was a member of the Accademia di Teatro alla Scala, where she studied vocal technique with Leyla Gencer, Mirella Freni, Luciana Serra, Luigi Alva, Renato Bruson, Vincenzo Scalera, Antonio Albaneses, and Marco Gandini.
In 2008 Ms. Karayavuz made her debut at La Scala singing the role of Cherubino in Le Nozze di Figaro under the baton of Maestro Giovanni Antonini and sang the role of Pipeto in Donizetti’s Le convenienze e inconvenienze teatrali, led by Mº Marco Giudarini. She then sang Mozart´s Vesperae solennes de confesors with the orchestra and chorus at La Scala conducted by Myung-Whun Chung.
She sang the role of Contessa under the baton of Mº Ricardo Muti in Mercadante´s I due Figaro at the Salzburg Festival, Teatro Real Madrid and Teatro Colón in Buenos Aires. She was then invited by Mº Muti to sing the role of Pisana in Verdi´s I due Foscari at the Teatro dell' Opera di Roma.
Other performances and roles include: Salvatore Scarrino´s Le voci sottovetro and the role of Clorinda in Monteverdi’s El combattimento di Tancredi e Clorinda conducted by Giorgio Bernasconi in the Ponchielli Teatri di Cremona, the role of Mercedes at the Arena di Verona under the baton of Mº Kovatchev, the role of Flora in La Traviata, the role of Lola in Cavaleria Rusticana en il Teatro di San Carlo di Napoli and the role of Pisana in Verdi’s I due Foscari at the Teatri Verdi di Trieste conducted by Mº Renato Palumbo.
Ms. Karayavuz' s dazzling coloratura led her to sing the role of Isabella in Rossini´s L’ italiana in Algieri with Mº Zedda at the Palau de les Arts de Valencia and the role of Rosina in il Barbieri di Sivigilia with Opera de Oviedo.
She added the title role of Carmen which she sang with the Opera Ankara in Turkey.
Within the Rossini repertoire she has also sang the role of Publio in Rossini´s Aureliano in Palmira at the Valle d’Itria Festival in Martina Franca.
Under the baton of Mº Ricardo Muti she sang the role of La Contessa in a production of Saverio Mercadante´s I due Figaro at the Salzburg Festival, at the Teatro Real Madrid and at the Teatro Colón de Buenos Aires which was choreographed by Emilio Sagi.
Other engagements have included Pergolesi´s Stabat Mater in Lausanne with the Accademia Teatro alla Scala conducted by Daniele Rustioni, the role of Maddalena in Rigoletto in the Teatro Filarmonico di Verona conducted by Andrea Battistoni, and the Teatro Pavaortti di Modena and the role Carmen with the Opera of Ankara.
- Le nozze di Figaro: Cherubino (Teatro alla Scala)
- Le nozze di Figaro: Marcellina (Teatro de la Opera de Turquía)
- Le convenienze e inconvenienzi teatrali:Pipetto (Teatro Alla Scala)
- Il Due Figaro (De Mercadante): Contessa (Teatro Real, Madrid, Salzburg Festival, Ravenna Festival, Rigoletto: Maddalena, Teatro Filarmónica di Verona)
- Il Combatimento di Tancredi: Clorinda (Ponchielli Teatro di Cremona)
- La Traviata: Flora (Teatro San Carlo di Napoli)
- Cavalleria Rusticana: Lola (Teatro San Carlo di Napoli)
- Il due Fosari: Pisana (Teatro Verdi di Trieste)
- L'Italiana in Algieri: Isabella (Palau de les Arts, Valencia)
- Il Barbieri di Siviglia: Rosina (Opera de Oviedo)
- Aureliano in Palmira: Publio (Valle d’Itria Festival, Martina Franka)
- Carmen: Mercedes (Arena di di Verona)
- Carmen: Carmen (Ankara State Opera)
- In Capello di Plaza di Firenze (Rota): Baronessa, Wexford Opera Festiva)
- La Clemenza di Tito: Sextus (TeatroComunale Pavarotti di Modena)
- Tristan und Isolde: Brangëne (Republic Symphony Orchestra, Ankara)
Ms. Karayavus has collaborated with conductors:
Mutti, Antonini, Zedda, Palumbo, Giuaradini, Myung-Whun Chung, Antonini, Ristuoni, Kovatchev, Bernasconi, Battistoni, Alapont, among others.